Subscribe

Friday, June 29, 2007

iWait, iWait...

It's 2:00 am.

In 3 hours, I will have been up for 24.

At 5am yesterday morning, I began my iPhone adventure.

Oh, I have an iPhone. In fact, I was, like, 10th in line at the Apple store near my home. Props to my line-mates, and the staff at the Apple store. Barbs to the mall rent-a-cops, however--you all really need to get a clue.

So, at 5:55pm, I became an iPhone owner. Due to previously scheduled travel plans, I had to board a plane at 8:30 this evening. When I finally arrived to my destination about three hours ago (and after showing the iPhone around to the folks), I finally hooked up the phone and my Mac. Yep, it's 2.5 hours later and I am still up... iWait, iWait...

First (and my fault, totally), I needed to upgrade my version of OS X (I already downloaded iTunes 7.3 this afternoon). But that was only 15 minutes. Then, I hooked up the iPhone, filled out the AT&T information, and waited for activation.

It said it would take "up to 3 minutes..."

Oh, I don't think so...

I just got off the phone with the GREAT (sincerely) staff at the AT&T call center located "somewhere on the OH-PA border." They've told me that activation times are now averaging 5 hours...

It seems to me that Apple had its act together, totally. AT&T, on the other hand, not so much. Well, at least I did not have to suffer on hold with them...
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.